Saturday, April 26, 2008

What is this?

I recently discovered the world of blog carnivals - and I love them. They make it easy to find blog posts on a topic that you are interested in.

When it comes to scrapbooking, I am very interested in seeing the work of other scrapbookers in my country and province. I searched for Canadian and Newfoundland scrapbooking blog carnivals and came up with none, so I decided to start my own.

The Canadian Scrapbookers Blog Carnival is a place to unite new and veteren scrapbookers, stampers, and cardmakers that live in Canada and like to blog about their scrappin' passion.

In case you don't know what a blog carnival is, here's some of what Wikipedia has to say about it:

A blog carnival is a type of blog event. It is similar to a magazine, in that it is dedicated to a particular topic, and is published on a regular schedule, often weekly or monthly. Each edition of a blog carnival is in the form of a blog article that contains permalinks links to other blog articles on the particular topic....


Here's how it works. If you are living in Canada and have a blog where you like to post posts about scrapping/stamping/cardmaking you are invited to submit a link to one of your posts for an edition of the Canadian Scrapbookers Blog Carnival. It has to be a link to a particular post on your blog, not to the main page of your blog. You are permitted to submit one post per Carnival edition, but you may submit to every Carnival edition that you like. Send your submissions to canadianscrapbookerscarnival@gmail.com . Please indicate in your email what part of Canada you are in as I may sometimes use a "Scrapping Across Canada" theme in organizing the links.

I actually made the first call for submissions on my personal blog on April 10 and figured I would be overrun with submissions. I got two. I was sadly disappointed at first and was tempted to give up, but I had received positive feedback on the idea so I decided to keep trying.

I wondered if having a separate blog and email address for the carnival might be better than having it on my own blog so I've decided to give that a try. In time I hope to fancy this blog up a bit. I'm also planning on using this site to highlight Canadian scrapping boards and stores. I'd really like this to be a place where Canadians can connect with fellow Canadian scrapbookers and find out about Canadian scrapbooking ventures.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on, and suggestions for, this venture. You can leave a comment at the bottom of this post or you can email them to canadianscrapbookerscarnival@gmail.com .